Now I will self indulge, I secretly started reading this series because I knew that they were making a new movie out of it with Lily Collins. And I think that that girl has been pretty brilliant in her past roles. But as I finished book one, I quickly became addicted. There were many different twist and turns that left you page turning until one in the morning.
A little quick Kylea synopsis of book one: City of Bones

Clary (short for Clarissa) starts off as any other normal Teenage girl with a loving artist mom Jocelyn, cool bookstore owning "uncle" Luke, and best friend Simon (who secretly reminds you of Duckie from Pretty in Pink). During a visit to a local all ages club Clary see's something that no one else can, a boy with a knife. Now either she had the bravery of a lion or was just slightly suicidal, but she followed the boy into a hallway of the club where he is there with three other people, one of which is later killed because he is a Demon.
We soon after learn that this boys name is Jace, and his friends/family are Alec and Isabelle. They are Shadow Hunters, and they protect the "Mundanes" (think muggles from Harry Potter) from down worlders and demons. Little do they know they will need the help of the down worlders and a Mundane or two as the book continues.
Now the book does have a little religious feel to it, but seriously nothing enough to phase anyone. It is mostly the background and history of certain Angels and demons.
It is a good read and pretty quick too for those who read like maniacs! I just finished the City of Ashes so stay tuned for a quick little synopsis of it too! But beware there might be a spoiler or two!
Anyone planning on seeing the movie this weekend?
Pleace, Love, And Puppies!
KMJ&Co
No comments:
Post a Comment