It's a day known in history for multiple reasons. First because it is my Grandpa's birthday, and he is literally my favorite relative besides my mother. And let me tell you I am a total grandpas girl (it helps that I am the only granddaughter). I make it a point to tell him that I love him every time I see him or talk to him, because he is so important to me, and is there for me all of the time. I can find no better way to show my appreciation then telling him what he means to me.
The second is because it is 09/11, a day that has been in our hearts for the past 12 years. I remember being at home with my mom when we saw the news. The entire day at school was solemn, and the teachers were in a silent shock as they tried their best to keep brave faces and try to explain the events of what happened. This day, unlike others, still haunts America. The wounds still fresh and re-opened every year that we remember the tragic events that killed so many innocent lives. The irony that history has, in a way, repeated itself has not left an impression on our political leaders to change the way of thinking in America. Rather that violence and unnecessary action should always take place. It's on this day that I have decided to make some changes of my own, so that I can make a change in my life and community. Changes that will make me the person I hope my grandpa will remain proud of.
How do you choose to make a difference?
What does this day mean to you?
No comments:
Post a Comment